There are a lot of great Tampa criminal defense attorneys. Seriously. Good hearted, hard-working, intelligent people that have devoted their careers to defending criminal matters in Tampa.
But there are those that advertise heavily but have virtually no experience to back up what they claim they can do on the cases they advertise for online.
Here’s some things you should as a Tampa criminal defense attorney:
- Are you Board Certified in Criminal Trial Law?
- Did you work for the State Attorney or Public Defender, and if so, for how long and how long ago?
- Have you had cases like mine? What happened?
- Do you go to trial? How many cases have you tried to a jury?
- How does your office function, i.e. do you have a paralegal? Do you have internet research? When do you return calls?
Asking these questions of the Tampa criminal defense lawyer you are thinking of hiring will get past the shine of their website, and get to the heart of what they are about and what they can do for you.